Gangsters, Don & BhaiyaJis’ have always remained a prominent part of our Bollywood narratives all these years. Truly with the digital video streaming growing like a wildfire, the culture seems to have finally arrived at our home televisions. Climbing on the list of a binge watch is the Amazon’s upcoming Prime Original series Mirzapur, set against the backdrop of a revolting maze of Purvanchal region. The plot boasts of an ensemble star-cast partnered with a peculiar criminal play-off which is sure to startle the audience for its uniqueness. The makers have already caught our eyes with its powerful and high-volt trailer. The series is set to release during the winters this year. Produced by Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar, Amazon Prime Original series Mirzapur holds a lot more than that meets the eye. We have 5 reasons that will surely hook you to the show:
- Pankajipathi in his elements Pankaj Tripathi certainly has become one of the most Goggled artists after his succeeding appearances in the films like Fukrey Returns, Bareilly Ki Barfi, Stree, Newton to name a few. The actor will be now seen in a reformed avatar, with a changed diction and a version that’s even fiercer. He will be playing a gangster for whom morality and goodness mean nothing.
- Buried and cruel stories of Purvanchal region The story is set against the backdrop of Purvanchal region, filled with sinners and death stories like never before. The plot knits the tale of gangsters and powerful men involved in the business of weapons and ammunition, illegally.
- An ensemble of star-cast Mirzapur has already piqued our interests for its beguiling storyline and now the star-cast sounds promising too. The series stars Pankaj Tripathi, Ali Fazal and Vikrant Massey in lead roles, sketching characters like never before. Divyendu Sharma, Shriya Palganokar and Rasika Dugal will also appear in pivotal roles. Names like these striking on a screen together for a mind-bending and dark tales of the underworld is sure to leave you with a spine-chilling experience.
- Dialogues that will blow your mind Written by Karan Anshuman, who is known for penning down the much-appreciated series ‘Inside Edge’ has again weaved another chronicle into the worlds of crime. The dialogues in the trailer are hard-hitting and piercing as it seems. The writer has made sure that the monologues and dialogue exchanges present in the scenes remain as relevant and in sync with the mood of the storyline.
- From the makers of International Emmy Awards Nominee- Inside Edge The former series has benchmarked high standards after its release. The splendid producer-duo Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani are back with yet another masterpiece, ‘Mirzapur’. The trailer has already established a larger-than-life structure of a world lesser known and the narrative looks extremely captivating.
Withsuch an enthralling series coming our way, we’re sure that you wouldn’t mind taking out time to watch Mirzapur this season on Amazon Prime Video.